11 Easy Steps on How to Care & Maintain for your Hair Extensions
1. Please do NOT wash your hair for 48 hours after your Keratin or Tape extensions are applied. This will allow bonds some time to fully dry, creating a very strong and durable attachment to your hair.
2. NEVER BRUSH YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS WHILE YOUR HAIR IS WET.
3. Shampoo as normal. Apply a handful of conditioner from mid length down to length. Always avoid applying conditioner close to your bonds area.
4. After washing, towel dry your hair gently, taking care to avoid rubbing your hair too harshly.
5. Always BLOWDRY your Hair Extensions after washing and ensure your bonds are always left dry. If you leave bonds wet, you may risk slippage or shedding. Salon professional powerful hairdryer is strongly recommended.
Brush your hair slowly and gently. Recommended Brushes:
Brush hair extensions with a soft bristle brush twice a day (once in morning & once before sleep) starting at the length first.
When blowdrying your hair extensions It is recommended that you use a salon professional hair dryer and smooth dry extensions using a ceramic thermal spike round brush. This will create a gorgeous silky smooth straight finish. If you desire to wear your hair wavy or curly, you may now use hair straightner or curler to create gorgeous curls. Hair spray at length to keep curls longer lasting is ok to use.
5. Do NOT use hot heat directly onto your bonds as it may cause them to melt.
6. NEVER use products that contain acetone, alcohol and sulphur as these can strip colour of your extensions. Make sure your Shampoo & Conditioner that you are using does not contain any sulphur chemical. Also avoid products that contain oil or silk serums at the bonds.
7. Before going to bed, you can protect your hair extensions by pulling it back into a gentle ponytail if you like to wear your extensions straight. If you choose to plat your hair, just be aware that your extensions will have a natural wave through once you wake up in the morning.
Silk pillowcases will keep your extensions lasting smoother for longer. Please NEVER GO TO BED WITH WET HAIR!
8. Hot rollers, curling irons and hair straightners are OK to use, as long as you avoid using them near the bonds.
9. Swimming pool chemicals and seawater can weaken your bonds and sometimes make your hair knotty. After swimming, please rinse hair immediately. Add some conditioner to your length before shampoo and conditioner as normal. Wash hair and rinse. Blowdry your hair straight away and use round thermal ceramic brush to smooth dry. This will open any unwanted knots caused by sea water or chlorine and give your hair beautiful nice & smooth finish.
10. Keratin Treatment and Colouring Hair – If you are planning to get Keratin Treatment done or colour your hair, please allow 7-10 days for Keratin Treatment to settle and make sure you have 2-3 hair washes before permanent extensions are applied.
Please allow 3-5 days (1-2 washes) for Colour to settle before you apply permanent hair extensions.
If you apply extensions too close to date of keratin treatment or colour, as your hair remains slippery, you risk having your extensions slip out.
Yes you can colour IVY hair extensions. (Note: Never colour darker extensions lighter colour. You are best to choose lighter colour extensions to tone them to desired colour.) If you are colouring extensions different colour, you are best to apply colour onto the extensions before they are applied in clients hair and make sure you avoid placing colour and water direct onto the bonds.
11.KERATIN BOND Hair Extension Clients - once your keratin bond extensions are applied, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you touch and feel your keratin bonds on regular basis with your fingers. It is natural to shed natural hair, so when this happens, your shedded hair gets caught in your bond. While your baby hair grows, what can happen is your shedded hair will grab onto your baby hair and can start to create dread-locks around the area. By touching your bonds gently with your fingers on regular basis, you are preventing this from happening. Also make sure when you are brushing your hair, that you are using the above brushes shown in the picture and that you are brushing over the bonds too.