HOW TO LOOK AFTER YOUR TAPE & KERATIN BOND HAIR EXTENSIONS - Please read this important information:
1. Please do NOT wash your hair for 48 hours after your Keratin or Tape extensions are applied. This will allow bonds some time to fully dry, creating a very strong and durable attachment to your hair.
2. Brush your hair slowly and gently. You can use your fingers to press down on your extensions at the scalp for extra support. Brush hair with a bristle brush twice a day (once in morning & once before sleep) starting at the bottom and working up towards your roots. Section your hair while blow-drying. It is recommended that you use a ceramic thermal spike round brush.
3. Always brush your hair before shampooing your hair. Condition the top part of your hair as normal and condition extensions from mid section to the ends (length only). Please try and avoid applying conditioner close to your bonds area. If you are GHD curling your hair extensions, before washing we recommend that you apply conditioner to the length before you shower and leave it in for 20-30minutes. Rinse, shampoo and conditioner as normal.
Its important that you have 2 different shampoo brands handy in your shower and that you change and rotate your shampoos every 3-4 weeks. Your hair gets used to the same regular brand shampoo that you are using, so by changing them around, you will notice your hair looking vibrant, silky and smooth.
4. After washing, towel dry your hair gently, taking care to avoid rubbing your hair too harshly.
5. Do NOT use hot heat directly onto your bonds as it may cause them to melt.
Keratin Bond Clients - if you ever decide to attempt and remove your keratin bond extensions yourself, please DO NOT EVER try and remove the keratin bonds with a GHD. Please seek professional advice or email us for correct removal instructions.
6. NEVER use products that contain acetone, alcohol and sulphur as these can strip colour of your extensions. Make sure your Shampoo & Conditioner that you are using does not contain any sulphur chemical. Also avoid products that contain oil or silk serums at the bonds.
7. Before going to bed, you can protect your hair extensions by pulling it back into a gentle ponytail if you like to wear your extensions straight. If you choose to plat your hair, just be aware that your extensions will have a natural wave through once you wake up in the morning.
Silk pillowcases will keep your extensions lasting smoother for longer. Please NEVER GO TO BED WITH WET HAIR!
8. Hot rollers, curling irons and hair straightners are OK to use, as long as you avoid using them near the bonds.
9. Swimming pool chemicals and seawater can weaken your bonds and sometimes make your hair knotty. After swimming, please rinse hair immediately. Add some conditioner to your length before shampoo and conditioner. Wash hair and rinse. Blowdry straight away to keep your hair smooth.
WATCH OUR DEMO VIDEO BELOW:
10. YES - You can colour your hair extensions. This will not affect your bonds in any way. (Note: if your extensions are originally lighter colour, they will pick up tones and darker colours perfectly. Do not bleech darker shade extensions).
11.MUST DO -AFTER EVERY WASH - For amazing smooth results, we recommend that you BLOWDRY your hair extensions each and every time after a wash. Use thermal round brush (as shown on picture & video above) for a perfect blend. It will leave you with shiny, silky smooth finish every time.
12.KERATIN BOND Hair Extension Clients - once your keratin bond extensions are applied, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you touch and feel your keratin bonds on regular basis with your fingers. It is natural to shed natural hair, so when this happens, your shedded hair gets caught in your bond. While your baby hair grows, what can happen is your shedded hair will grab onto your baby hair and can start to create dread-locks around the area. By touching your bonds gently with your fingers on regular basis, you are preventing this from happening. Also make sure when you are brushing your hair, that you are using the above brushes shown in the picture and that you are brushing over the bonds too.